- Teams of 4-5 people
- Select a product (a film, television series, comic, consumer goods etc.) that you feel has the potential to become a successful transmedia franchise.
- You can choose ONE from the following:
- Mobilization Extension – focused on a social, political or cultural issue
- Marketing extension – focused on a brand or extending an existing franchise
- Entertainment Extension – focused on entertainment media (movie, comic etc.)
- You will be looking for a property that has not yet added media extensions, or you could also look at a property that you feel is in need of a reboot.
- You must have your TM property approved beforehand.
- You will be “pitching” a complete TM franchise for this product.
- Your TM franchise must have at least THREE extensions.
- You will be creating at least ONE complete TM Storyworld for any one extension + preliminary plans for the others.
- The pitch includes a 15-minute presentation and a 1500-word project report.
- Pitch is presented to a panel of judges who will judge your pitch based on certain criteria.
Guidelines for pitches
- Each team should be broken into roles, for e.g. Producers, Creatives, and Techs etc. You will be required to be knowledgeable of each role.
- Pitches will at least 15 minutess in length and will be timed.
- Each team needs to develop pitch materials using interactive media (video,powerpoint, prezi, etc.)
- Creativity within pitching will be rewarded.
- Pitches are aimed as sales/ marketing presentations: stick to these strategies.
Your Concepts should include all elements of Project Guide handout: (either in Team Presentation or in Project Report) as well as these elements:
- Time Lines (Development, Distribution, build a delivery schedule with overview of a phasing approach etc.)
- Have a well-defined Budget
- Be global
- Reach a defined target audience
- Your concept must
- utilize Mobile, Tablet, phone etc.
- Have a web presence
- Include a real world experience
- Develop a Mindmap of how the project flows
- user narrative
- the architecture
- the ecosystem
- release strategy
- develop a social strategy
Develop a pitch that embraces your “client”
Present possible business models and why
- provide examples and apply them to your project / strategy
Explain how you plan to test the concept
The Report should include all elements of Project Guide Handout including:
- the core defining properties of the media property
- a description of the intended audience(s) and what we know of its potential interests
- a discussion of the specific plans for each media platform you are going to deploy
- an overall description for how you will seek to integrate the different media platforms to create a coherent worls
- parallel examples of other properties which have deployed the strategies being described
- Breakdown of team member’s roles
- And the remaining of the above-mentioned Deliverables.
For a potential model for what such a Report might look like, see the transmedia bible template from Screen Australia, available here: http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/filmmaking/digital_resources.aspx. Or visit: http://zenfilms.typepad.com/zen_films/2010/06/transmedia-workflow.html. If you use either as a model, include only those segments of their Bible templates which make sense for your particular property and approach.